Start with the commenting on PDFs with Adobe Acrobat Professional. If you will comment on print-outs then it will not be possible for that person to resolve your comment. You just need to comment as shown below....
- If there is any text to DELETE, just highlight that text with highlighter tool and comment like, "Delete this text".
- If you see any wrong translation and want to replace it with new text. Then highlight the text and comment "This text" should be change with "New Text". There will be no confusion for DTPier to understand it.
- If there is bad breaking of any word then select the both parts and comment, "This is single word".
- If there any word attaching with another comment, "Detach the words. They are two different words". You can also paste new detached words in comment that she/he can understand where to break it.
- If there is any image or picture missing then mark that area with rectangle tool and comment, "Missing Image check with source".
- If there is any font issue then highlight the text and comment, "DTP issue, please check font". You can also give the reference for the font name.
If you have any magic trick then please share it here, it can save time of DTP persons and Proofreaders also.
Thanks for your time...